Home » , » “Oh, You know what, maybe I’m just gay.” – James Franco talks gay films.

“Oh, You know what, maybe I’m just gay.” – James Franco talks gay films.








Don’t you just wish?!!!
James Franco is very well known for being outspoken and fun.  He will be hosting the Oscras with Anne Hathaway.  He may be up for a nomination for his film, 127 Hours.
One thing that wasn’t clear to many is his sexuality.  He’s played many gay roles and seem to be comfortable in his own skin.  He doesn’t deny or admit that he’s gay but is known to have dated girls in the past.  But should we even wonder?  If he’s okay with liking guys and girls – - who are we to judge?
According to Access Hollywood:
The actor definitely doesn’t let the speculation inhibit his choice of roles; Franco’s filmography is packed with gay characters, from Allen Ginsberg inHowl, to activist Scott Smith in Milk and poet Hart Crane in his just-wrapped feature The Broken Tower. “There are lots of other reasons to be interested in gay characters than wanting myself to go out and have sex with guys,” he says. “And there are also lots of other aspects about these characters that I’m interested in, in addition to their sexuality. So, in some ways it’s coincidental, in other ways it’s not. I mean, I’ve played a gay man who’s living in the ’60s and ’70s, a gay man who we depicted in the ‘50s, and one being in the ‘20s. And those were all periods when to be gay, at least being gay in public, was much more difficult. Part of what I’m interested in is how these people who were living anti-normative lifestyles contended with opposition. Or, you know what, maybe I’m just gay.”
I have yet to see any of his films playing a gay character.  The closest I’ve seen is this 



Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. OuT Loud Magazine - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger